Heaters require routine maintenance to function properly. If you fail to schedule yearly maintenance, your heater could break down unexpectedly in the dead of winter- and the worst part is, you may have to wait a while before heating repair services arrive. Why not address the issue ahead of time to avoid such a scenario? Pay close attention to these warning signs that you may need to schedule heating repairs for your system.
If you reside in Apple Valley, CA, or the surrounding areas and are looking for HVAC services, including heating repairs, contact Masco & Sons for assistance.
Signs That Your Furnace Needs Repair
These warning signs can be subtle, and it’s easy to dismiss them until it’s too late.
1. Difficulty starting the unit – As a furnace ages, it may become more difficult to turn it on and keep it running. You most likely need a repair if you have to restart your furnace or unit several times during the day.
These problems are frequently caused by faulty wiring or thermostats. The problem should be resolved by replacing the affected part. You should contact our professional for furnace repair in Apple Valley, CA for assistance.
2. High heating bills – Electric bills can skyrocket when the climate outside drastically changes. The amount of energy used to heat your home, on the other hand, should be predictable as long as your heaters settings remain fairly consistent. If you notice an unexpected increase in your electricity prices during the winter, your furnace could be to blame.
If you believe your bills have increased but do not see the increase reflected in your monthly billing, try comparing your heating costs over the last several years. If your rates have not changed, but the energy used to heat your home has continued to increase, your furnace will likely need repair.
3. Strange noises from the furnace – Squealing, rattling, or creaking sounds are common in old or broken systems. Squealing indicates a problem with your motor bearings, whereas creaking and rattling indicate a blower assembly component failure. Inspect your system if it makes strange noises before the problem escalates to severe mechanical problems.
4. House takes forever to heat up – Have you realized that it takes more time for your home to warm up, especially during the winter months? If this is the case, your furnace may work harder than it should. This is a great time to contact our local cooling and heating experts to ensure there isn’t a larger issue.
5. Water leaks – If you start noticing a watery puddle beside your furnace, you most likely have a water leak—don’t worry. It’s not a difficult fix if addressed immediately. The water leak is most likely caused by condensation. A blocked-up condensation drain or a tear in the condensation line could be the cause. Our Apple Valley furnace repair technicians can identify the problem quickly and ensure that the water leak does not lead to more serious issues, such as mold.
6. Poor air quality – Your home’s air quality is directly affected by your furnace system. You may realize more suspended dust in the air and more coughs, colds, and other respiratory problems. If you or a family member is allergic to foreign particles, the number of foreign particles available may cause symptoms such as itchiness, watery eyes, and headache.
7. Yellow pilot light – The pilot light within the heater should be clean and bright blue. It could indicate that your furnace has a carbon monoxide leak. It could indicate that your heater has a monoxide leak if it appears yellow. Since this is a strongly poisonous gas, it is important to have it inspected by a staff to assist as soon as possible.